Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fundraising Tip of the Week: 100 Days Until HC

Hi Everyone! It's been a little while since our last post. We had an extremely successful Hyannis Port Challenge and have been recovering for a week or so. We'll be sharing photos from the event as soon as they come back. Hearst Castle participants...if HC is anywhere near as awesome as HP was, you are in for an unforgettable day!

Now, down to fundraising business. Last Thursday, June 4, marked 100 days until the Hearst Castle ride. Friday, June 12, marks exactly 3 months until HC. Whatever way you want to look at it, September 12 is coming up quickly and before we know it, you'll be coasting down the PCH. In honor of 100 days until the event...err, 94 days...I wanted to share this special letter sample we've drafted for participants to share with donors. Send it out to 10 people, asking for $10, and you've got yourself a quick and easy $100! Happy Fundraising!

Dear (Your Friend’s Name),

100 days from now, I’ll proudly sport my bike shorts and Audi Best Buddies Challenge jersey, and cycle 100 miles from Carmel to San Simeon to support people with intellectual disbilities! And I need your support to get me there!

The Best Buddies Challenge is a one-of-a-kind five-star event, and it benefits a very important organization. Best Buddies is an international non-profit that supports people with intellectual disabilities by providing one-on-one friendships and integrated employment opportunities. In middle schools, high schools, colleges, and businesses across the country people are benefitting because of Best Buddies. Every single dollar that I raise will go directly to this great organization, so you can feel confident that 100% of your donations benefit people with intellectual disabilities! You can learn more about Best Buddies at www.bestbuddies.org.

Please consider making your tax deductible donation today. To kick-off the 100 –day count down to the Audi Best Buddies Challenge, I am committed to raising at least $100 this week- and with your help I know I can exceed that! As I cycle 100 miles along the coast of California, I’ll be thinking of you and your support, and when I cross the finish line on September 12, I’ll know that your donation made each and every mile happen. If you’d like to make a donation to me quickly and easily, visit hcchallenge.org then click on “sponsor participant,” and then search for me. You can also support my participation in the Audi Best Buddies Challenge Ride by sending me a check, written out to Best Buddies. I’ll be sure your donation gets to Best Buddies right away!

Thanks so much! And if you happen to be free 100 days from now, please come out and cheer me on! I’ll need it!

All my best,

Your Name Here

No comments: